A Song For You ア・ソング・フォー・ユー (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ )


By: Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ
Album: LIVE! The Debut: Jazz Side (ザ・デビュー)

song: A Song For You ア・ソング・フォー・ユー

About the song:
"A Song for You" is a song written and originally recorded by rock singer and pianist Leon Russell for his first solo album Leon Russell, which was released in 1970 on Shelter Records. A slow, pained plea for forgiveness and understanding from an estranged lover, the tune is one of Russell's best-known compositions. Russell not only sings and plays piano on the recording, but also plays the tenor horn that is accompanying. It has been performed and recorded by over 200 artists, spanning many musical genres. Elton John has called the song an American classic.

Lyrics:

I've been so many places in my life and time
I've sung a lot of songs I've made some bad rhyme
I've acted out my love in stages
With ten thousand people watching
But we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you

I know your image of me is what I hope to be
I've treated you unkindly but darling can't you see
There's no one more important to me
Darling can't you please see through me
Cause we're alone now and I'm singing this song for you

You taught me precious secrets of the truth withholding nothing
You came out in front and I was hiding
But now I'm so much better and if my words don't come together
Listen to the melody cause my love is in there hiding

I love you in place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you
We were alone and I was singing this song for you

Click here to see the song performed by The Carpenters
https://youtu.be/CQKnpJul8MU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moon River ムーン・リバー (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ)

Change The World チェンジ・ザ・ワールド (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ )

Romeo and Juliet ロミオとジュリエット (by Little Jammer Pro)