Smoke Gets In Your Eyes 煙が目に染みる (by Little Jammer Pro)


By: Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ
Album: LIVE! Jazz Ballad I (LIVE! ジャズ・バラード)

Song: Smoke Gets In Your Eyes 煙が目に染みる

About the Song:
"Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" is a show tune written by American composer Jerome Kern and lyricist Otto Harbach for the 1933 musical Roberta.
The song was sung in the Broadway show by Tamara Drasin.

Lyrics:
They asked me how I knew
My true love was true
I of course replied
Something here inside
Cannot be denied

They, said some day you'll find
All who love are blind
When your heart's on fire
You must realize
Smoke gets in your eyes

So I chaffed them, and I gaily laughed
To think they could doubt my love
And yet today, my love has flown away
I am without my love

Now laughing friends deride
Tears I cannot hide
So I smile and say
When a lovely flame dies
Smoke gets in your eyes
Smoke gets in your eyes

Song sung by Platters
https://youtu.be/vfBboBz3yoc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moon River ムーン・リバー (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ)

Change The World チェンジ・ザ・ワールド (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ )

Watermelon Man ウォーターメロン・マン (by Little Jammer Pro リトルジャマープロ)